Friday, September 7, 2012

You have GOT to be kidding me....

You would think today was Friday the 13th around here....Before I even got to work this morning, I got a text from Cameron telling me that his windshield got cracked from a rock this morning...

Then within 30 minutes of each other, I had two horrible situations with students at school including choking and vomitting (I'll spare you the details!)....

Then my family headed to an area festival for a live concert and carnival food..... well, we knew there were storms, but we kept an eye to the radar and took our chances.... They ended up closing the concert down early due to the weather. We quickly found out that the festival was not set up very well to get a crowd out quickly. They were not letting vehicles exit through one of the other gates so the parking lot bottlenecked. It took us more than 30 minutes to get out.... Good thing there wasn't a TORNADO or anything! That was just ridiculous....

While we were stuck in the line to get out, Cam called  and let me know that he was stranded just off the highway with a flat tire.......stuck in traffic, there wasn't anything I could do, so he called his parents who came and got him. Because of the storms in the area, they didn't mess with changing the tire, but just headed home to safety. They are heading back early in the morning to fix it.

My family finally got out of the parking lots and headed to my house to wait the storm out and while Cam and I were getting all the flashlights gathered and such (just in case), we found that we had water all around our stand-up freezer and furnace in the basement as well as pouring out of the ceiling near the cold air return ducting on the other side of the basement...

Horrible day problem #3----- After pulling the ducting down from the ceiling in several places, checking the furnace pipes/chimney (it stands right next to the freezer) and exhausting all resources, we finally discovered that Cam had left the door open to the freezer and it defrosted itself all over our floor and ruined the food.......

and Horrible day problem #4---- the water pouring out of the ceiling was coming in from our patio floor that butts up against our basement ceiling.....

Horrible day problem #5---- there was too much water on our patio because our 8 year old roof was installed incorrectly, so the water doesn't run into our gutters, but instead runs under our shingles, rots our decking, warps our roof and runs down our siding (and maybe the interior walls)..........
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

I just want to CRY RIGHT NOW! Yes, I'm having a pity party... a big fat stinkin' pity party. I'm so mad! Water is a horrible word around this house... I think this is #8 and #9 of water being in places that it's not supposed to be.... Cameron and I already feel as though we're strapped for money and now THIS! UGH! Just more reminders that I'm not teaching and can barely afford our expenses because of it.....

When it rains, it pours....


Edited to add:
Cam is now calling this our Swiss Cheese House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.